Preparation / Directions:
* or confectioners' sugar.
Makes about 5 dozen cookies
1. Cream together shortening and sugar; beat in salt, cinnamon, allspice, cloves and egg.
2. Stir in flour, baking soda and milk.
3. Core and finely chop apples to equal 2 cups; stir into dough.
4. Drop by small spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets; bake in preheated 400 F. oven 10 to 12 minutes.
5. Cool on wire rack; frost with Vanilla Glaze or dust with confectioners' sugar.
1. Combine butter and sugar; stir in vanilla extract.
2. Add milk, mixing until smooth and of desired consiste