Preparation / Directions:
1. Combine the flour, cinnamon, ginger, baking soda, nutmeg, cloves>
and salt in a bowl.
2. Heat the butter, sugar and molasses in a saucepan over medium heat
until the butter is melted. Remove from heat.
3. Pour this into the dry ingredients and stir. Add egg; stir until
smooth. Let stand for 10 minutes.
4. Divide the dough in half. While it still warm, roll each half of
the dough to 1/8 inch thick between 2 sheets of wax paper.
5. Refrigerate on cookie sheets for at least 1 hour or overnight.
6. Preheat the oven to 350F.
7. Grease 2 cookie sheets. Remove the wax paper and cut the dough
with 2-inch cookie cutters. Transfer the cutouts to the prepared
8. Bake 8 to 10 minutes. Cool on wire racks. Decorate if desired.