Preparation / Directions:
Makes 4 dozen cookies
1. Mix together sugar, shortening, egg, molasses and water; stir in remaining ingredients except frosting.
2. Cover; refrigerate 1 hour.
3. Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet; bake in preheated 400 F. oven until almost no indentation remains when touched, about 8 minutes.
4. Immediately remove from cookie sheet; cool.
5. Frost with Vanilla Butter Frosting.
Vanilla Butter Frosting 1. Mix together margarine and confectioners' sugar.
2. Beat in milk and vanilla until smooth and of spreading consistenc