Preparation / Directions:
Makes 4 1/2 dozen
1. Stir together flour, sugar and baking soda in a bowl.
2. Mix together corn syrup, margarine, orange rind, cardamom, ginger and cloves in a saucepan; stirring constantly, cook over medium heat until margarine is melted and mixture boils.
3. Remove mixture from heat.
4. Beat egg until thick and lemon-colored in a large bowl; slowly stir in syrup mixture.
5. Add flour mixture all at once; mix until well blended.
6. Drop batter 2 inches apart by teaspoonfuls onto well-greased cookie sheet; bake in preheated 350 F. oven 8 to 10 minutes, or until lightly browned.
7. Immediately remove from cookie sheet; cool on wire rack.