Preparation / Directions:
1. Make cookie dough: In large bowl, combine flour, butter, nuts, sugar, salt and extracts. With hands, mix until thoroughly blended. Refrigerate, covered for 1 hour.
2. Meanwhile, make Vanilla Sugar: In electric blender, combine vanillar bean and 1/4 cup confectioner's sugar. Blend at high speed, covered, about 8 seconds. Combine with remaining sugar on a large sheet of foil.
3. Preheat oven to 375.
4. Shape cookies: Form dough into 1 inch balls, then, with palms of hands, roll each ball into a 3 inch long roll.
5. Place rolls, 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets, curve each to make crescent shape.
6. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until set, but not brown.
7. Let stand 1 minutes before removing from the pan, using a spatula. Place cookies on vanilla sugar, turn gently, to coat both sides.
8. Just before serving, coat with additional sugar, if desired.
Makes 4 doze