Preparation / Directions:
1. Measure sifted flour, add sode and salt and sift together.
2. Cream butter. Gradually add sugar and cream together until light and fluffy.
3. Add eggs, and mix well; add flour and mix thoroughly.
4. Add rolled oats gradually, mixing well after each addition.
5. Stir in nuts and coconut.
6. Divide dough in thirds. Shape each third into a roll 2 inches in diameter. Cover with wax paper and refrigerate.
7. When firm, take out of refrigerator and let stand at room temperature until soft enough to dent with finger.
8. Cut into 1/8 inch slices, using a sharp knife.
9. Bake on ungreased baking sheet in moderate oven (375) about 10 minutes.
Makes 12 dozen cookies.