Preparation / Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375F. Lightly grease cookie sheets.
2. Into large bowl, sift-flour with baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add rolled oats and coconut. Set aside.
3. In large bowl of electric mixer at medium spped, cream shortening with sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla and egg.
4. At low speed, gradually add flour mixture, to make a stiff dough.
5. Drop by teaspoonfuls, 1 inch apart, onto prepared cookie sheets. Bake 10 minutes, or until light-golden.
Let cool on cookie sheet 5 minutes, then remove to wire-rack, cool.
Makes approximately 5 dozen cookies.