Preparation / Directions:
* This recipe is to be processed in a boiling water bath. Instructions for how to do this are with the recipe for "Tomato Jam", which is in this cookbook.
1. Scald tomatoes in boiling water, cool and peel.
2. Pare apples, peel onions, core peppers; chop all in fairly large pieces.
3. Combine all ingredients in HEAVY covered kettle or pan and simmer for about 2 hours or until mixture is thick. Stir often to prevent sticking.
4. Pour while boiling hot into hot, sterile jars. See manufacturer's directions for how to sterilize canning jars. Leave 1/4-inch of head space. Process for 10 minutes in boiling water bat