Preparation / Directions:
1. Cut the ginger and lime into 1/2 inch chunks. With the food processor
running, drop the ginger and lime chunks through the feed tube and process
until finely chopped.
2. Add the raisins and cranberries and process until coarsely chopped. Add
coconut and pulse until just mixed.
3. Remove half the mixture and set aside. Process the remaining mixture
it forms a thick paste.
4. In a saucepan, simmer the paste-like mixture with the water and sugar.
to blend the ingredients and cook until the liquid thickens and reduces to
about half. Turn off the heat.
5. While the sauce cooks, chop the cilantro in the food processor.
6. Stir the remaining uncooked cranberry mixture, cilantro and the chile, if
using, into the cooked cranberry mixture. (If the mixture seems too thick,
a spoonful of hot water.) Serve at room temperature. (Can be made a day
Capture the flavors of coastal India with fresh lime and coconut in this
sweet-tart red and green chutney. A chutney with crunch appeal. For the
flavor and texture, cook half the mixture and stir it together with the
Use a mini-chopper or food processor to make this recipe a breeze.