Preparation / Directions:
1. Sift flour,spice and nutmeg into a large bowl.Add
breadcrumbs,suet,sugar,raisins,sultanas,peel,nuts,and orange zest.Mix well
2. Combine the mix with the eggs,brandy or sherry, almond essence and milk.
3. Divide the mixture between two greased 1.1 litre pudding basins.Cover with
buttered greaseproof paper or foil.Pleat once to allow pudding to rise.
4. Secure with string.Use extra string to make a handle for ease of removal.
Place in a steamer over a pan of boiling water and cover.Steam steadily for
6 hours, replacing the water as it boils away.
5. Remove from the steamer,leave until cold.Cover with foil.Store in a cool
6. To serve: cover and steam for 2 hours.Turn out onto warm dish serve with
brandy butter,fresh cream or custard.