Preparation / Directions:
1. Peel potato, cut into chunks, put in saucepan with the water, and cook, covered, over medium heat for 10 minutes.
2. Cut fish in chunks, mix in with the potatoes, and continue to cook for 10 more minutes (covered).
3. While these are cooking, fry the bacon until it is crisp. Drain on paper towels.
4. Fry the onion in the bacon grease.
5. Add the creamed corn to the fish and potatoes.
6. Add the milk to the onions. Crumble the drained crisp bacon and add to the milk mixture.
7. Bring the milk mixture to serving temperature, add the fish mixture, and serve.
When I left for my first job out of school, my mother was convinced that I'd starve to death. She gave me a set of easy recipes on index cards in hopes that I'd occasionally eat at home instead of Denny's. This is one of those recipes. It's quick and easy, and tastes great.