Preparation / Directions:
Heavenly Chocolate Mousse Makes about 4 cups
1. Melt chocolate pieces with cream over low heat, stirring constantly.
2. Remove from heat and stir rapidly until mixture is completely smooth.
3. Add salt and rum extract.
4. Beat egg yolks slightly; add chocolate mixture, beating until thick and creamy, 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Beat egg whites until foamy; gradually add sugar, beating thoroughly after each addition. Continue beating until egg mixture forms stiff glossy peaks.
6. Fold chocolate mixture into egg whites; chill until set, about 3 hours.
Assembling: 1. Place alternating layers of Heavenly Chocolate Mousse and whipped topping in deep glass serving bowl. (Mousse should be set before adding whipped topping layers.)
2. Top with mound of whipped topping and sprinkle roasted diced almonds over all.
Marble Chocolate Almond Mousse (Variation) Swirl whipped topping through the set Mousse to create a marbled effect.