Preparation / Directions:
1. Beat egg yolks with 1/2 cup sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy.
2. Gradually beat in flour until a paste is formed.
3. Meanwhile, scald milk; add egg mixture, all at once, and bring to a boil.
4. With a wire whisk, quickly and vigorously beat until paste is well incorporated into milk and is smooth. Continue to stir with wooden spoon until mixture is thick.
5. Add melted chocolate, stirring to blend; cool.
6. Gradually add remaining sugar to egg whites beaten in three stages as follows: Beat 3 egg whites, then add another 3 egg whites and finally 2 egg whites until stiff and shiny but not dry. (Egg whites should not slide if bowl is tipped.)
7. Fold egg whites into souffl‚ batter.
8. Pipe or spoon batter almost to rim into 12 greased and sugared 2-inch souffl‚ dishes or custard cups or two 5-inch souffl‚ dishes.
9. Bake in preheated 350 F. oven 30 minutes for individual souffl‚s or 1 hour or longer for larger souffl‚s.
10. Dust with confectioners' sugar and serve topped with whipped cream