Preparation / Directions:
1 In large mixing bowl, cream together shortening, sugar and eggs until light and fluffy.
2. Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves.
3. Add flour mixture alternately with mixture of orange peel and apple juice to creamed mixture; beat 1 minute at medium speed of mixer.
4. Fold in prunes and walnuts.
5. Spread batter in greased, floured 13 x 9-inch baking pan; bake in preheated 350 F. oven 35 to 40 minutes, until cake springs back when touched lightly in center.
6. Cool in pan. Frost with Fudgy Chocolate Frosting.
Fudgy Chocolate Frosting:
1. Melt butter in saucepan over low heat; add cocoa and heat until mixture begins to boil, stirring constantly until smooth.
2. Pour into small mixing bowl; cool completely.
3. Alternately add confectioners' sugar and milk, beating to spreading consistency.
4. Blend in vanilla. (Additional milk may be needed