Preparation / Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Thaw pie shell for 10 minutes. Prick all over with the tines of a fork. Bake in preheated oven for 8-10 minutes, until golden.
2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan stir sugar sugar with corn syrup until dissolved.
3. Remove from heat; stir in chopped chocolate and butter until dissolved.
4. Remove pie shell from oven and reduce oven temperature to 350F.
5. In a separate bowl beat eggs with vanilla and salt. Stir into sugar mixture until blended.
6. Sprinkle chopped pecans into warm pie shell, top with chocolate mixture.
7. Sprinkle evenly with pecan halves.
8. Bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes or just until filling is set.
9. Let stand at room temperature. Serve with whipping cream if desired.
To store cover at room temp. To freeze simply cool completely, wrap and store.