Preparation / Directions:
1. To make the pastry crust, mix the flour and salt, and work in the cold butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
2. Sprinkle on enough of the water to draw the mixture together in a ball, and then knead it briefly to make sure that it is smooth.
3. Wrap in clingfilm and store in the fridge for 30 minutes.
4. Roll out the dough and use to line a 10 inch round pie dish or tart tin. Line the tin with non stick cooking parchment and fill with rice or beans and bake blind at 350ºf / 180ºc / Gas Mark 4 for 10 minutes.
5. Remove the parchment and beans and continue cooking for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven.
6. Cream the butter and sugar until light. Add the eggs one at a time, and mix well after each addition.
7. Add the salt, vanilla, kahlua, warmed liquid glucose and black treacle and mix well.
8. Sprinkle the flour over the chopped nuts and mix with the chocolate chips.
9. Add this to the pie filling and pour into the pie shell. Bake for 35 minutes or until when a knife is inserted in the centre, it comes out clean.
10. If the pie seems to be overbrowning during cooking, cover with a piece of foil.
11. Let the pie cool slightly before serving with vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce.
12. Break the chocolate into pieces and put into a bowl. Place the bowl over a pan of simmering water until the chocolate dissolves.
13. Dissolve the sugar in the water and then boil for 5 minutes. Add the sugar syrup a little at a time to the chocolate mixing well between additions.
14. When completely mixed together, return to the pan and gently simmer for 7 - 10 minutes, until the mixture coats the back of a spoon. Serve hot or cold.