Preparation / Directions:
Makes about 32
1. Whir almonds stop-and-go fashion in electric blender until ground.
2. Grate chocolate pieces in blender in similar fashion.
3. Beat egg whites with salt until barely stiff.
4. Gradually beat in sugar; continue beating until very stiff.
5. Fold in ground almonds, chocolate and vanilla; drop by mounded teaspoons onto lightly greased baking sheet.
6. Top each with an almond; bake in preheated 300 F. oven 20 to 25 minutes, or until lightly browned but still moist in center.
7. Gently transfer to wire rack to cool.