Preparation / Directions:
Makes 32 pieces
1. Melt 2 1/2 squares of chocolate with 1 1/2 tablespoons butter in saucepan over very low heat.
2. Spread in bottom of waxed-paper-lined (bottom and sides) 9 x 5-inch loaf pan; chill until firm.
3. Partially melt 3 squares chocolate over very low heat Remove from heat; stir rapidly until entirely melted.
4. Add sugar, milk and corn syrup; beat until well blended. Stir in fruit and rum extract.
5. Spread over chocolate layer in pan; chill until firm.
6. Melt remaining chocolate and remaining butter in saucepan over very low heat Spread over fruited mixture; chill until firm.
7. Cut into bars or squares; store in tightly covered container in refrigerator.
NOTE: To shorten chilling time, each layer may be chilled in freezer. Terrific to give as a gift at holidays!