Preparation / Directions:
1. Cream butter with sugar; beat in peels, anise seeds and salt.
2. Gradually beat in ground almonds, flour and egg yolks.
3. Divide dough in half; beat cocoa into one half.
4. Shape dough into narrow ropes; cut into 6-inch lengths and form into rings.
5. Decorate with sliced almonds and cherries.
6. Place on greased baking sheet; bake in preheated 375 F. oven 8 to 10 minutes, or until light golden on bottom.
7. Cool on wire racks.
8. Drizzle Chocolate Glaze over cookies. Let dry.
Melt chocolate with butter in saucepan, stirring over low heat.
NOTE: To grind your own almonds, start with 6 ounces whole blanched almonds (about 1 1/4 cups). Grind half at a time, stop-and-go fashion, in electric blender.