Preparation / Directions:
1. Remove the meat from the chicken thighs; save the bones for soup. Dice the chicken into small cubes (approximately 1/2").
2. Sprinkle chicken with each of the ingredients listen under "marinade," mix well and marinate for 1/2 hour.
3. Remove skin and dice melon (1/2" cubes).
4. Measure the water into a large pot, add the chicken bones and boil for 25 minutes.
5. Remove bones from pot, add the chicken and the diced winter melon, cover and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes.
6. Now, add diced water chestnuts, sliced mushrooms and the chicken base or bouillon cube.
7. Bring to a boil, and serve.
SOURCE: Chopsticks, Clever and Wok.