Preparation / Directions:
1. dice the chicken breasts into 1/2 inch pieces. dip in the egg white and then in the cornstarch mixed with a pinch of salt.
2. heat some oil until fairly hot and fry the diced chicken. drain.
3. slice the peppers in half vertically. remove the seeds , stems and pith. cut into 1/2 inch squares.
4. cut the parboiled bamboo shoots to the same size as the peppers. mix the sauce ingredients together in a bowl.
5. fry the cashew nuts in moderately hot oil until they are lightly browned and crunchy.
6. heat 2 tb of oil in the wok and stir fry the garlic, bamboo shoots and the peppers and stir fry.
7. add the chicken and cashew nuts, sprinkle with rice wine, and pour in the sauce. stir fry all the ingredients briefly over a high heat and add a pinch of msg (optional) to heighten the flavor.