Preparation / Directions:
These are called "omelets" but they're really a foo-young variation.
1. Combine water, cornstarch, sugar, soy sauce and bouillon in small saucepan. Cook over medium beat until mixture boils and thickens, about 5 minutes.
2. Combine eggs, salt and pepper in medium bowl. Beat until frothy.
3. Finely chop mushrooms. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in small skillet. Cook mushrooms in the oil for 1 minute. Stir mushrooms into egg mixture.
4. Wash and drain sprouts. Remove shells and veins from shrimp. Finely chop shrimp, 4 of the onions and celery. Mix sprouts, shrimp, chopped onions and celery into egg mixture.
5. For each omelet, heat 1/2 tablespoon of the oil in large skillet or 7-inch (18 cm) omelet pan. Cook over medium heat until hot. Pour 1/2 cup egg mixture into oil. Cook until light brown, 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Stack omelets on serving plates. Pour warm soy sauce mixture over omelets.
Garnish with sliced green onions.
From "Chinese Cooking Class Cookbook" by the Editors of Consumer Guide, Publications International LT