Preparation / Directions:
1. In a medium bowl, place shrimp with sake and soy sauce. Blend well; let stand for 5 minutes in refrigerator.
2. In a small bowl, mix all the "sauce ingredients" and set aside.
3. Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over high heat, add DRAINED shrimp and stir-fry until shrimp are firm and pink.
4. Add green onion, ginger, garlic and hot bean sauce and stir-fry for 10 seconds; add sauce ingredients and cook until bubbly hot.
5. In a small bowl, dissolve corn starch in water; stir it in the shrimp and sauce mixture. Stir until thickened.
If hot bean sauce is not available in your area, substitute with red hot pepper sauce...but I highly recommend to use Chinese hot bean sauce.