Preparation / Directions:
* (to produce approximately 1 1/2 cups of shredded chicken)
1. Mix well, separately, seasoning and sauce ingredients.
2. Bring stock (or salted water) to the boil, immerse chicken breasts and turn off flame. Soak until cooled, then shred into strips. (Alternatively, for authentic and finer texture, cover breasts with a clean cloth and shred by hitting them with a mallet--hence the sound of ponpon.)
3. Lay bean paste sheets in a suitable flat container, and blanch in hot water for 1 to 2 minutes. Remove and rinse under cold running water. Drain and cut into finger-sized strips and mix with sauce mixture.
4. Spoon into serving dish, pile shredded chicken on top and pour seasoning mixture over.
From "Champion Recipes of the 1986 Hong Kong Food Festival". Hong Kong Tourist Association, 1986.