Preparation / Directions:
* Use 3 chicken breast halves to yield about 4 servings. Use more chicken for larger portions.
1. To prepare chicken: skin, debone and chop into cubes.
2. Mince the garlic cloves.
3. Wash, seed and julienne the red and green peppers.
4. Do not drain the pineapple.
5. Heat a heavy skillet; add 1 tablespoon oil. Sauté the peppers, garlic and onion until onion is limp. Remove from skillet and keep warm.
6. Add 1 tablespoon oil to skillet and cook chicken cubes until all turn white and are cooked through. This step doesn't take long -- don't overcook.
7. Mix cornstarch with soy sauce and some of the pineapple juice in a small bowl.
8. Combine the chicken with the onion mixture. Add the pineapple chunks and juice along with the brown sugar, vinegar and ground or freshly grated ginger. Heat to boiling, then add the cornstarch mixture. Stir constantly until sauce is thickened and heated through.
9. Serve immediately over hot cooked white ric