Preparation / Directions:
(1) Always check to see if you have all the ingredients on hand before preparing meals.
(2) Cut up your meat and vegetables, marinating any that require this process. Set aside for cooking, if you are cooking several wok dishes at the same meal, prepare all of them before cooking any.
(3) Place oil in wok, heat until oil just begins to smoke.
(4) Stir fry your meat, onions, or garlic together. Then add other ingredients accordingly.
(5) If a gravy is desired, use a little corn starch (about 1 tablespoon) dissolved in 1/3 cup of water. Stir this mixture vigorously and pour into your wok on top of your cooked food. Mix thoroughly. Your gravy should be just the right consistency. In case it is too thick, add hot water a tablespoon at a time to thin gravy out. If the gravy is too thin, mix up more corn starch solution and repeat process.
(6) If you are cooking several wok dishes at the same meal, and are worried about keeping them all warm, heat your oven up to 150C. and store cooked dishes in it until eating time. Maximum storage time is about one hour. DO NOT store cooked leaf green vegetables in this manner as they will turn yellow. Instead, leave those in an uncovered wok and reheat at meal time. If you have an electric hot tray, it is excellent for keeping dishes warm.