Preparation / Directions:
1. Cut pork into 1/2x1/2x1" rectangles. Marinate in mixture of salt, soy sauce and sherry for at least half an hour. While meat is marinating, prepare Part 2.
2. Add 2 tablespoons oil to wok and heat up to smoking point. Take a slotted spoon and use it to lift pork pieces from marinate, place in wok and brown meat on all sides. Lower heat slightly to medium high and continue to cook meat for a full 15 minutes, using turner to stir pieces occasionally.
3. At end of cooking time, place meat in serving dish. Pour sauce from Part 2 over it.
1. Place white sugar and vinegar in a small 1 quart pot. Boil together until sugar is dissolved. Stir up corn starch in 1/4 cup water. Add to vinegar-sugar boil. Stir solution, lower heat to medium low, add pineapple juice and tomato soup. Boil solution 15-20 minutes, until it turns from milky red to a clear reddish yellow.
2. Add suggested embellishments. You can use all of them or some of them. Cook 2 minutes. Serve over Part 1.
NOTE: Pork spare ribs cut into 1 1/2" lengths may be used in place of pork butt. However, spare ribs have more fat than fresh ham or pork butt, so use 1 tablespoon less oil in stir-frying ribs or else discard fat which accumulates in wok when ribs are finished cooking. Also Part 2 (sans embellishments) can be made in a larger quantity and store in a covered plastic container in refrigerator for 2-3 weeks.