Preparation / Directions:
1. Black mushrooms are optional. If using, soak in boiling water for 30 minutes, drain, cut off stems, and chop.
2. Wash lettuce, dry, and arrange 16-20 of the largest leaves on a serving plate, then refrigerate. Use head lettuce if Boston lettuce is not available.
3. Mince the water chestnuts and bamboo shoots; add to drained mushrooms. Set aside.
4. Mix together the pork, slightly beaten egg, soy sauce and 3 teaspoons (1 tablespoon) of the cornstarch. Set aside.
5. Combine sherry, 1/2 cup broth and salt. Add remaining 1 teaspoon cornstarch to the remaining 1/3 cup broth, blend well.
6. Heat a wok or heavy skillet; add oil to the hot skillet. Add pork mixture and cook, stirring constantly, about 5 minutes.
8. Add mushroom mixture; cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes.
9. Stir in wine mixture and the cornstarch mixture.
10. Add celery and stir until celery is heated through. If celery is minced fine enough, it won't need any further cooking time. 11. Place meat on a serving dish.
To serve, let each guest fill a lettuce leaf with pork and roll the leaf. This is to be eaten with the fingers