Preparation / Directions:
1. Trim any fat off tenderloin; tuck ends under and tie each with kitchen string. Place in a shallow glass dish.
2. Marinade: Whisk together soy sauce, hoisin sauce, sherry, black bean sauce, gingerroot, sugar, garlic, sesame oil and five-spice powder.
3. Pour marinade over tenderloins and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours; turn occasionally. Let stand for 30 minutes at room temp before cooking.
4. Place tenderloins on rack in roasting pan, reserving marinade. Pour 1 cup water into pan. Bake, basting generously four times, in a 375F oven for 30-35 minutes, or until meat thermometer inserted at 20 degree angle registers 160F and meat still has a hint of pink.
5. Remove to cutting board, and tent with foil. Let stand for 10 minutes.
6. Remove string. Using sharp knife, slice pork diagonally into thin slices.
Thai Barbeque Pork: Substitute fish sauce for soy sauce, and lime juice for sherry. Increase gingerroot to 1 tbs. Substitute 1 tbs chopped fresh coriander for five-spice powder.
Szechuan Barbequed Pork: Substitute 1 tsp Chinese chili paste for five-spice powder. Add 1 green onion, chopped.