Preparation / Directions:
(1) Heat oil in 3- or 4-qt. saucepan with lid. When hot but not smoking, add beef and brown, stirring from time to time until beef looks gray. Cook between stirrings with lid on.
(2) Add and sauté with browned beef the diced sweet green pepper and onion.
(2) Add the can of beef broth, the 8-oz can of tomato sauce, and all of SPICE MIX #1. Stir together until mixed. Cook until meat is tender, about 20 minutes, stirring from time to time. Cook with lid askew.
(3) When meat is tender, add beans and SPICE MIX #2, stirring until mixed. Bring back to slow simmer, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook with lid askew for 30 minutes, stirring from time to time.
(4) All good chili dishes need time to “season” by being cooled to room temperature so flavors can meld. Once cooled, refrigerate the chili. Heat up slowly for serving.
(5) (Optional) We in Ohio serve our chili over cooked white rice.