Preparation / Directions:
Have on hand a two-quart Claypot and cabbage leaves to line it with.
1. Remove excess fat and cut chicken into serving pieces, bone-in. If you wish, remove all skin.
2. Prepare blended mixture.
3. Line claypot with cabbage, add 1/3 cup cold water.
4. Prepare lemon sauce by combining lemon juice and brown sugar in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Add 1/2 of the cornstarch mixture until the sauce is thick. Remove from heat.
1. Place wok over high heat until hot. Add vegetable oil, swirling to coat sides.
2. When the oil is hot, brown chicken pieces on all sides. Transfer chicken to a large claypot lined with cabbage leaves. Add blended mixture. Stir to mix well. Add chicken broth. Place claypot on range top, and raise heat gradually to a near boil, stirring gently.
3. Cover and simmer over low heat for 45 minutes. Add cornstarch mixture. Stir in lemon sauce. If sauce is too thick, add a small amount of water. If it's too thin, add more cornstarch mixture.
4. Garnish with green onions. Bring claypot to the table to serve