Chinese Apricot Chicken
|Course : Chicken
Preparation / Directions:
1. Cut chicken parts into 2-inch pieces, using a cleaver, whacking straight down through the bone (or have a butcher do it for you).
2. Combine vinegar, water, sugar, soy sauce, sherry, catsup, and cornstarch for sauce; set aside.
3. In a wok or large frying pan, heat oil and stir-fry chicken over high heat 10 minutes or until tender and golden brown.
4. Add apricots; stir-fry 1 minute.
5. Pour sauce mixture over chicken; cook, stirring until thickened.
6. Garnish with green onion slivers.
812 calories, 58 g protein, 30 g carbohydrates, 819 mg sodium, 51 g fat, 227 mg cholesterol, 1 g dietary fiber, 1405 IU vitamin A, 825 mg potassium.