Preparation / Directions:
1. Put into a small bowl the 1/4 cup cold water and sprinkle in 1 envelope gelatin. Let soften for 5 minutes.
2. Blend in large bowl 4 cups whole cranberry sauce (two 16-ounce cans), drained crushed pineapple and the walnuts.
3. Dissolve gelatin thoroughly by placing bowl in very hot water. When gelatin is dissolved, stir it and then blend into the cranberry mixture. Put mixture into a mold. You will need a 3-quart mold that has been lightly oiled for this recipe. Do not use olive oil. Chill mixture until slightly set.
4. Repeat for gelatin as in first layer. Blend together the mayonnaise, evaporated milk, salt and pepper. Stir in the dissolved gelatin. Fold in the chicken, celery and parsley.
5. When first layer is slightly set (the consistency of unbeaten egg whites) turn the chicken mixture onto the cranberry layer.
6. Refrigerate until firm. Unmold onto chilled serving platter, decorated with curly lettuce if you prefer. Serve with additional mayonnaise.