|Course : Chicken
Preparation / Directions:
1. Gently pound breast halves to an even thickness between sheets of waxed paper or plastic wrap.
2. Melt butter in a small saute pan, over a medium flame, then add mushrooms, chopped pistachios, and ham.
3. Heat and stir until mushrooms have given up moisture and are almost dry. Stir in breadcrumbs, remove from heat.
4. Sprinkle breast halves with salt and pepper and divide mushroom mixture between breasts.
5. Rollup each breast around filling, secure with a toothpick transfer to a baking pan, set aside.
6. Combine cornstarch and white wine in a small saucepan, over a low flame heat and stir for 2 minutes, to dissolve cornstarch, then add butter, apricot jam, and fruit chutney.
7. Heat and stir, over a low flame, until mixed well and slightly thickened, then remove from heat.
8. Bake breasts at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Baste with apricot sauce. Then continue baking at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes, until tender remove breasts to a heated serving platter.
9. Garnish with orange slices and whole pistachios drizzle remaining sauce over all serve hot.
796 Calories (kcal); 42g Total Fat; (49% calories from fat); 65g Protein; 32g Carbohydrate; 231mg Cholesterol; 718mg Sodium