Preparation / Directions:
1. Into the cooking bag, place soy sauce, honey and sherry. Add whole chicken to bag and tie securely. Place the bag into a 2-quart oblong glass baking dish. Refrigerate for 2 hours, turn the bag 2-3 times to allow marinade to reach all surfaces of the chicken.
2. When ready to microwave, cut a slit in the bag near the closure. If you are using a temperature probe, insert through the slit into the thickest part of the thigh. Avoid touching the bone.
3. Microwave at medium high until temperature reaches 190 degrees, or about 20 minutes. Temperature varies so check after about 17 minutes. Remove chicken from microwave.
4. Prepare the sauce. Into a 1-quart glass measuring cup stir together 2 tablespoons water and 1 tablespoon cornstarch. Cut off one corner of the cooking bag and drain the juices into the measuring cup with the cornstarch and water. Microwave on high power for 2 minutes, stirring after one minute. Sauce should be thick and clear.
5. Chicken should stand in bag for 10 minutes; remove bag carefully, and place chicken on serving platter. Pour sauce over chicken and serve immediately.