Preparation / Directions:
1. In a small bowl, combine fish sauce, soy sauce, lime juice, vinegar, orange juice and sugar and set aside.
2. In a wok heat oil to 375 degrees F. Drop rice sticks into the oil; they will puff up and rise to the top of the oil in only a few seconds. Turn them over once and fry until crisp, about 15 seconds in all. Transfer finished noodles to a pan lined with paper towels; keep warm in the oven. Cut tofu into bite size piece, pat dry and deep fry in oil until golden. Set aside.
3. Drain all except 2 Tbsp oil from the wok and add onion, garlic, shallots and chiles, cook until fragrant and golden. Add meats or shrimp and stir-fry just until done, push to one side, add egg and cook until dry, breaking up into pieces with spatula.
4. Add bean sprouts, red pepper and deep fried tofu, mix and remove to plate.
5. Stir sugar mixture and add to wok. Bring to a boil and cook until slightly thickened and syrupy. Reduce heat to low and add about a quarter of the fried noodles and chicken/shrimp mixture. With a metal spatula gently toss ingredients to break up noodle clumps and coat with sauce. do not over work or the noodles with break into tiny pieces. Continue adding noodles and chicken/shrimp mixture in batches until all are coated with sauce.
6. Transfer to serving platter and garnish with sliced green onion.