Preparation / Directions:
1. Grate rind of lemon to make 2 tsp. (10 mL); half lemon and squeeze to make 1/4 cup juice. Reserve rind, juice and lemon shells.
2. Remove giblets and neck from chicken. Rinse and pat chicken dry inside and out; place lemon shells in cavity. Sprinkle chicken lightly with pepper. Tie legs together with string; tuck wings under back. Place, breast side up, on greased rack in roasting pan. Roast in 325F (160C) oven, basting occasionally, for 1 3/4 hours.
3. Stir together honey and reserved lemon juice; brush 2 tbsp. over chicken. Set remaining honey mixture aside.
4. Roast chicken for about 20 minutes longer or until juices run clear when thigh is pierced and meat thermometer registers 185F (85C). Transfer to platter; tent with foil, and let stand for 10 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, skim fat from pan juices; whisk in remaining honey mixture, lemon rind, basil, salt and pepper. Bring to boil; boil, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until thickened slightly. Serve sauce with chicken.