Preparation / Directions:
1. Wash capon inside and out; pat dry.
2. Mix kasha with 2 lightly beaten eggs in mixing bowl.
3. Cook kasha in a large skillet over high heat, stirring constantly, until kasha is dry and each grain is separated.
4. Bring orange juice to a boil in saucepan. Add salt and pepper; mix well.
5. Pour juice over kasha in skillet; cover and simmer 15 to 20 minutes, or until orange juice is absorbed and kasha is tender.
6. Melt margarine in a medium-size skillet; saute onion, mushrooms and garlic until golden.
7. Add raisins and remaining lightly beaten eggs.
8. Stir onion-raisin mixture into cooked kasha.
9. Spoon kasha stuffing loosely into cavity and neck of capon, filling a small casserole dish with the remaining stuffing.
10. Sprinkle capon with seasoned salt and place on a rack, breast-side up, in shallow roasting pan. Roast in preheated 350 F. oven 30 minutes.
11. Brush with Orange Glaze and continue roasting 1 hour longer, or until capon is done, brushing often with glaze during roasting.
12. Bake stuffing, uncovered, during the last 45 minutes of capon roasting.
13. Remove capon from roasting pan and place on serving platter.
14. Skim fat from pan drippings. Place roasting pan over low heat; stir drippings.
15. Gradually add water; stir constantly until gravy boils and thickens. Season to taste.
Orange Glaze Makes 2/3 cup.
1. Combine orange juice concentrate, water, seasoned salt and garlic; mix well.
2. Use to brush on capon.