Preparation / Directions:
1. Mince and mash garlic with 1/2 tsp salt to form a paste.
2. In a shallow bowl stir together garlic paste, thyme and 3 tsp lemon juice. Add chicken, turning to coat and marinate, covered 15 minutes. Remove from marinade and pat dry.
3. In a 9 inch heavy skillet heat oil and butter over moderately high heat until foam subsides and saute chicken, skin side down until golden about 2 minutes on each side.
4. Transfer chicken to plate. Add flour to skillet an cook roux over moderately low heat; whisking, for 3 minutes. Whisk in broth and remaining tsp lemon juice in a stream, whisking until gravy is smooth.
5. Return chicken to skillet with any juices accumulated on the plate and simmer covered for 15 minutes or until just cooked though.
6. Stir in parsley and serve over rice.