Chicken Breast with Rhubarb sauce
|Course : Chicken
Preparation / Directions:
1. Cut each breast into two and gently cut and pull the skin and fat away from the meat.
2. Mix the flour with the thyme and pepper then lightly dust the breast halves with the mixture and set aside.
3. Heat a tablespoon of oil in a saucepan and toss in the rhubarb. Cover and cook gently over mediumlow heat for 3 to 4 minutes or until the rhubarb is tender.
4. Stir in the orange zest, a tablespoon of honey and the worcestershire sauce. Cover again and cook for another minute or two. Taste and add the extra honey if you want a sweeter sauce. Stir to form a puree and set it aside in a warm spot.
5. Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan and add the halved breasts to the pan. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes or longer if they are especially large.
6. To serve, place each breast on a warmed plate and slice on the on the diagonal into 6 or 7 thin slices. Add some rhubarb puree and watercress.
351 Calories (kcal); 20g Total Fat; (52% calories from fat); 31g Protein; 10g Carbohydrate; 93mg Cholesterol; 103mg Sodium