Preparation / Directions:
1. Chicken breast or deboned thigh meat should be pounded to 1/2 inch in thickness and sould have no skin.
2. Let chicken come to room temperature before blackening.
3. Thoroughly combine (except butter) the seasoning mix ingredients in a small bowl.
4. Heat a large cast-iron skillet over very high heat until it is extremly hot
5. Heat serving plates in a 250xF oven.
6. Just before cooking each piece of chicken, dip it in the melted butter so that both sides are well coated, then spinkle each fillet evenly with the seasoning mix, using about a heaping 1/2 teaspoon on each,and patting wth your hands.
7. If you lay fillet on a plate or other surface to season it make sure the surface is warm so the butter won't congeal and stick to the surface instead of to the meat.
8. Immediately place the fillet skinned side down in the hot skillet, making sure all meat folds are opened up and the meat is lying flat. Pour about 1 teaspoon butter on top of the fillet (be careful as butter may flame up). If you cook more than one fillet at a time, place each fillet in the skillet before buttering and seasoning another one.
9. Cook uncovered over the same high heat until the underside forms a crust, about 2 min. The time will vary according to the thickness of the fillets and the heat of the skillet.
10. Turn the fillets over and pour about 1teaspoon more melted butter on top of each fillet.
11. Cook just until meat is cooked through, about 2 min. more. 12. Serve the chicken fillets crustier side up while piping ho