Preparation / Directions:
1. Combine chili powder, cumin, oregano, red pepper flakes, and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt in a bowl and mix well. Measure 2 tablespoons spice mixture and combine with flour. Place in a bowl and toss with chicken cubes.
2. Heat 3 tablespoons oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat. When oil is hot, add enough chicken to fit comfortably in a single layer. Saute, turning often, until chicken is golden, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Repeat until all chicken is cooked, adding more oil, if necessary. Set aside.
3. Add carrot, onion, and celery to skillet and cook,. stirring until just softened, 3 to 4 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute more. Add remaining 2 tablespoons spice mixture and toss well. Return chicken to skillet along with tomatoes and broth. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat to low, and simmer until chicken is tender and soup thickens, 20 to 25 minutes. Add beans and cook for 10 minutes more. Season to taste with salt, if needed. Remove from heat. (Chili can be made 1 day ahead. Cool, cover, and refrigerate. It can also be frozen; defrost before continuing.)
4. To finish chili. mix together sour cream, orange zest, orange juice, and cilantro in a small serving bowl. (Can be prepared 2 to 3 hours ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
5. Reheat chili over medium heat, stirring often. To serve, ladle into 6 bowls. Garnish with a dollop of sour cream mixture.