Preparation / Directions:
Makes one 8-inch cake
1. Combine zwieback crumbs, sugar and melted butter; mix well.
2. Turn into 8-inch spring-form pan and press over bottom and about 3/4 inch up sides of pan.
3. Bake in preheated 350 F. oven 10 minutes, or until top edge browns very lightly.
4. Remove from oven and let stand until filling is ready to bake.
1. Turn crushed pineapple into wire strainer; set aside and let drain while preparing cheese mixture.
2. Beat cream cheese until soft and fluffy; gradually beat in sugar.
3. Add eggs, one at a time, beating smooth after each addition.
4. Stir coconut cream well before measuring; beat into cheese mixture, 1 tablespoon at a time.
5. Add vanilla and lemon juice and peel.
6. Press reserved crushed pineapple lightly with back of spoon to drain off any excess syrup; add to cheese mixture, mixing well.
7. Turn filling into baked crust; bake in preheated 300 F. oven 35 minutes, or just until barely set in center.
8. Turn oven off, open door slightly, and let stand about 1/2 hour; then place in refrigerator.
9. At serving time, sprinkle shredded coconut around edge of cake.
10. Loosen side of cake from pan, using small metal spatula; remove and place cake on serving plate.
11. Drain sliced pineapple well; arrange on top of cake.