Preparation / Directions:
Makes one 8-inch cake
Zwieback Crust: 1. Combine zwieback crumbs, sugar and melted butter; mix well.
2. Turn into 8-inch spring-form pan and press over bottom and about 3/4 inch up sides of pan.
3. Bake in preheated 350 F. oven 10 minutes, or until top edge browns very lightly.
4. Remove from oven and let stand until filling is ready to bake.
1. Blend cottage cheese, sugar and eggs in blender until smooth.
2. Turn out and gradually mix with cream cheese; add well-drained pineapple, vanilla, lemon juice and lemon peel.
3. Turn filling into baked crust; bake in preheated 300 F. oven 35 minutes, or just until barely set in center.
4. Turn oven off, open door slightly, and let stand about 1/2 hour; then place in refrigerator.
5. At serving time, sprinkle shredded coconut around edge of cake.
6. Loosen side of cake from pan, using small metal spatula; remove and place cake on serving plate.