Preparation / Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 190 øC .
2. Mix crust ingredients. Press into springform pan on bottom and sides.
3. Mix filling ingredients and pour into pan. Make sure all ingredients are room temperature.
4. Bake 30-35 minutes, or until slightly browned.
5. Remove cake from oven, and increase oven temperature to 260 øC . Mix topping ingredients, and gently spread on top of cake. Return cake to 260 øC oven for five mins.
6. Remove from oven, cool to room temperature, and chill overnight. Serve cold.
This recipe is the original creation of a co-worker, Don Chaney. I consider myself a cheesecake gourmet, and I rate this recipe as 8.5 out of 10 (However, there are no 10's). The recipe is so simple, I almost feel guilty serving it.
Variations: Crush some walnuts into the crust. Pour a can of cherry or blueberry pie filling over the chilled cake, then chill again. Put of your favorite liqueur into the cake fill