Preparation / Directions:
1. First prepare pastry dough: In large bowl, with mixer at low speed, beat flour, butter, sugar, egg yolk and grated lemon peel until well mixed. Shape dough into ball; wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate 1 hour.
2. Preheat oven to 400-degrees. Press 1/3 of dough onto bottom of 10" x 2 1/2" springform pan; keep remaining dough refrigerated.
3. Bake crust 8 minutes ot until golden; cool in pan on wire rack. Turn oven control to 475-degrees.
4. While crust is cooling, prepare filling: In large bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat cream cheese just until smooth; slowly beat in sugar, scraping bowl often with rubber spatula. Add eggs, milk, flour, egg yolks amd lemon peel; beat 5 minutes, occasionally scraping bowl.
5. Press remaining dough around sides of pan to within 1-inch of top. Pour cream cheese mixture into crust.
6. Bake cheesecake 12 minutes. Turn oven control to 300-degrees; bake 35 minutes longer. Turn off oven; let cheesecake remain in oven 30 minutes.
7. Remove cheesecake from oven; cool completelty in pan on wire rack. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours or intil well chilled.
8. When cheesecake is firm, with spatula, loosen pan side from cheesecake and remove loosen cake from pan bottom; slide onto serving plate... Adapted from March 1992, Good Housekeeping...