Preparation / Directions:
1. Butter a 9 x 3-inch spring-form pan; remove ring from bottom and set aside.
2. Combine crust ingredients in bowl with pastry blender; shape into ball.
3. Put half on pan bottom, cover with waxed paper, and roll to edge of pan. Remove paper.
4. Bake in preheated 400 F. oven 6 to 8 minutes, or until lightly golden.
5. Cool; reassemble pan.
6. Pat remaining dough around edge of pan to within 1 inch of top; set aside.
1. Beat all ingredients except eggs together until fluffy.
2. Add eggs; beat smooth.
3. Pour into pan; bake in preheated 400 F. oven 10 minutes.
4. Lower heat to 250 F.; bake 1 hour.
5. Cool in pan on rack 2 hours; chill 3 hours, or overnight.
6. Serve "as is," or top with Plum Sauce Glaze when plums are in season.
Plum Sauce Glaze
1. Combine plums, sugar, lemon juice, and 1/4 cup water in saucepan; cook over low heat until juices flow.
2. Heat to a boil; simmer gently until plums are tender but still hold shape, about 10 minutes.
3. Stir a little water into cornstarch; stir into plum mixture and cook a few minutes, until clear and thickened.
4. Cool. Arrange a few plum quarters on cheesecake. Pass remaining sauce.
NOTE: This elegant cheesecake was inspired by the renowned version served at the famous Lindy's Restaurant in New York. Cheesecake can be served plain or glazed with plum sauce. It's a dessert fit for the g