Preparation / Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 200 øC . Mix chocolate wafer crumbs and butter. Press firmly onto bottom and 5 cm up the sides of an ungreased, 25-cm springform pan.
2. Bake the crust for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and place on rack to cool. Reduce oven temperature to 150 øC .
3. Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese in a large bowl until it is smooth.
4. Add sugar, chocolate, and flour. Beat again, until the mixture is well blended and fluffy.
5. Add eggs, one at a time, beating again after each egg is added.
6. Beat in the cream and vanilla.
7. Pour mixture into the cooled crust. Place on middle rack in oven and bake for 60 to 65 minutes, until filling is set. Remove from oven and cool on rack.
8. Blend sour cream, vanilla, and sugar together until well mixed. Spread over top of cooled cheesecake. Chill several hours or overnight
You may have seen this on the cover of a recent magazine when you were standing in the grocery line. It makes a very rich, truly decadent chocolate cheesecake.
A chocolate wafer is a crisp chocolate cookie about three inches in diameter and an eigth of an inch thick. If you can't find them, you can substitute any kind of dry crunchy chocolate-flavored cookie. You can make the crust and filling in a food processor if you have one. It makes it a lot easier.
Difficulty : moderate.
Precision : measure carefu