Deep Fried Candy Bars
|Course : Candy
Serves: 12 - 24
Preparation / Directions:
1. Combine egg, milk and vegetable oil in a cup. In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
2. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix well with a whisk.
3. Cover and chill for a few minutes as you heat the oil. Use a chocolate covered candy bar for best results and make sure that it is chilled. Some bars work better if frozen. After the candy bars are chilled and skewered, remove the batter from the refrigerator.
4. Heat oil or shortening in a medium skillet to 375 degrees. Dip the chilled candy bar in the batter and gently place into the oil. Cook only until the outside is golden.
5. Remove and drain on brown paper. Allow to cool for a few minutes because the inside can easily burn your mouth.