Preparation / Directions:
Makes 1 pound
1. Stir together sugar, corn syrup and vinegar in heavy 3-quart saucepan; stirring constantly, cook over medium heat until mixture boils.
2. Without stirring, continue cooking until temperature on candy thermometer reaches 300 F., or a small amount of mixture dropped into very cold water separates into threads that are hard and brittle.
3. Remove from heat; stir in baking soda.
4. While still foaming, pour into greased 8 x 8 x 2-inch baking pan; do not spread.
5. Cool; break into pieces. Store in airtight container.